Enjoy primitive pandemonium with the Anderthals slot by Microgaming!
April 14, 2020
Microgaming and Just For The Win (JFTW) have teamed up to bring you the Anderthals online slot, a fun, prehistoric-inspired game that will have many conjuring up fond memories of those old Flintstone cartoons.
Played over 5 reels and 4 rows, this high variance slot offers a respectable RTP of 96.12%. With bets ranging from $0.10 to $100, spinning these reels could see wins of up to 2219x the bet placed, or $221 900 at max bet.
Get ready for a prehistoric presentation
The design team at JFTW has gone full primeval with their graphic presentation of Anderthals. Set against the backdrop of a cave opening, the reels look like they’ve been expertly crafted from bone. Throw in images of a burning campfire, hunting spears, ferocious T-Rexes, and you find yourself with a scene carved straight from the Stone Age.
Be entertained by the music score which provides a charming ambiance, with drumbeats, rhythmic chanting, and caveman grunts as you spin the reels.
The design of the slot symbols plays a major role in enhancing the prehistoric theme of the game. The Wild Symbol is a depiction of a Tyrannosaurus Rex. This symbol not only replaces other symbols to complete a set payline but also operates as the game’s highest paying standard symbol. Other high paying symbols include the Anderthals logo, as well as Andy and Annie (the featured cave couple). The low-paying icons consist of the stone-chiseled heart, diamonds, spades, and clubs.
Rumbling through the reels
The gameplay is quite simple. Rewards are earned by matching symbols across adjacent reels according to one of 40 set paylines. An Autoplay feature is also available, allowing for up to 100 automatic spins. A simple click of the Spin button allows a player to regain control at any point.
The real fun, however, is to be found in the game’s feature spots which are found on a horizontal line above each of the 5 reels. These feature spots correspond to the reel directly below it and randomly change with every spin.
Feature spots include the following:
- 1x Bet or 2x Bet - Once this feature spot has been activated, 1x or 2x the bet placed will be awarded once the spin is complete.
- Expanding Wilds - Any wilds that land below this activated feature spot will be expanded to cover the entire reel.
- Extra Wilds - When this feature spot is activated, additional wilds are added to the reel below it.
- Wild x2 or Wild x3 - If any of these feature spots are activated, wins are multiplied by x2 or x3 when completing a winning payline according to the paytable.
- Respins - A Respin modifier activates a feature spot with Expanding wilds, Wild x2, Wild x3. The respin cannot activate any new features. Only one respin will be awarded per spin.
- Free Spins - If this feature spot is activated, a player receives 8 free spins for 1 spot activated and 2 extra free spins for every additional spot activated. Any feature spots activated will remain active for the duration of the free spins.
Feature spots are ignited by the Feature Symbol, depicted as a flaming torch. If two or more flaming torches land during a particular spin, the feature spots above the corresponding reels are activated.
Brave the cave, bring home the bacon
The Anderthals slot offers a thoroughly entertaining gaming experience. The vivid, colorful graphics, enjoyable music score and easy-to-understand gameplay will ensure many hours of fun.
An assortment of Free Spins, expanding wilds, bet multipliers, wild multipliers, and other feature spots provide users with an opportunity to earn great rewards. The extensive bet range will accommodate both low risk and high-risk players, and everyone in between.
While the caveman-era theme may not cater to everyone’s tastes, those who do venture into the cave of the Anderthals will not be disappointed. If you’re up for some prehistoric-packed action, this slot is definitely worth giving a try!
Visit one of our recommended Microgaming casinos to start playing.